Monday, October 25, 2010

A week of well deserved rest

Well i took a week off of running since the marathon. The only exercise that i managed to get in last week was a 2 - 3 hour bike ride in California. I came back to the hustle and bustle of life as a WAHM with two little kids. After 4 days of not working out i started to feel sluggish and extremely tired. Yesterday all i wanted to do was sleep! I did manage to get a restful 90 min nap in and then woke to a feeling of overwhelming guilt for my lack of workouts since the race. I hopped on the treadmill and managed a measely 3 mile run at a 10 min/mile. Today was a little better; on the treadmill again for another 3 miles,  but this time increased my speed and incline with intervals. I finished feeling revived --- and no desire to sleep!

Now that i am back on track with my running - i really plan to start incorporating strength training back into my routine with a goal of 6 days a week workouts. As well, i struggle daily with my eating habits. I beat myself up daily when i eat what is considered "bad foods". My food goal is to have my "healthy foods" all prepped so that putting my meals together will require little if any mind power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment